Friday, August 7, 2009

Two and a half Aussies - part 2

A very Italian day today.

After the morning coffee shop ritual, we went to Mamma Farneti's for lunch and then a ride.

The lunch - Mamma Mia! We arrived to a fully set table, silver service style. Monogramed plates with the labels all lining up at the top. Then wine, bread, pasta, then meat and vegetables. Then fruit.

Then a ride with Paolo out to San Leo and Madonna d'Pugliano. Dott informed me later that Paolo regularly finishes in the top 20 of the Gran Fondos, so he is pretty handy on two wheels. I noticed this first hand when we were going up the hills. We went ahead of the girls and I was thinking that the language thing would work on the hills as we would not have to speak. This part was OK, however no noise from no talking meant that the only noise was my deep breathing! Nothing from Paolo's corner as he cruised up the hills next to me, being very polite and not going ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment