Friday, August 7, 2009

Two and a half Aussies - part 1

Today we rode out to Verucchio and Toriana. Dott mentioned to me "this is the place that I broke Steven" about a mutual friend.

When we arrived at Toriana, I was a little ahead and proceeded up the final climb. I was struggling badly, gasping for air, thinking no wonder Steven could not make it up here. รน

After I made it to the top Dott and I exchanged a few texts. The last one read "I have been at the top for a while, where are you?", which suggested to me I was not in the right place. Suffice to say that Dott had not taken Steven up the last bit or even been up there herself. I guess that is the price you pay for being a smartie and riding ahead.

On the way back we bumped into a friend of Dott's named Paolo. He popped over for dinner. Interesting trying to communicate with people that do not speak the same language.

No comments:

Post a Comment