Friday, July 31, 2009

Epilogue - the comedy of errors / B-Money and Adriano's excellent adventure - part 1

We had so much time this morning it was not funny.

I talked of getting Swiss bank accounts set up for everyone, and even went to a bank to get a few brochures. TBU made the apt comment that a swiss bank account would be great, however how would we use them? Then the appeal faded.

A second coffee for the boys, and I had a tea. Boring yes, however I had a hot chocolate first time around which I have to say is the worst hot chocolate I have had in my life, and it was in Switzerland. This goes along with the worst pizza I have ever had being in Rome and is not looking like a good sequence.

After to coffee TBU mentioned that he needed to buy some chocolate for a woman at work. Why could he not get it at the airport? Who cared, we had plenty of time!

Once that was sorted then we had the minimum possible time to get back to the airport in a town we were not familiar with. A moment of napping, turn off missed and we needed to drive ten km down the road to turn around. What little hope the boys had of making their flight evaporated with a few wrong turns once we arrived, however I reckon they were goners anyway.

Suddenly we had enough time for lunch!

Afterwards we dropped TBU and Bruce the non-Aussie in plenty of time and here endeth Big Unit Tours, until next time!

I booked some accomodation in Lausanne and returned to find B-Money had gone for a drive somewhere and I had to do it old-school (ie: no phone to call with, so wait until he came back).

We arrived in Lausanne and after negotiating one of the least helpful concierges I have ever experienced, we parked the van. Then we did something that seemed very different - went for a ride!

We rode along the other side of Lake Geneva. Stunning views, the most notable of which were a series of wine plantations on the side of the hill. Imagine something like the rice paddies in Asia, except with a few rows of vines at each level. I guess being right next to the lake means the dirt and conditions are appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment